Chalinze Water Treatment Plant Project
Afcons is rehabilitating and completing balance works at Chalinze Water Treatment Plant in rural Tanzania. The company is also creating secondary and tertiary distribution networks and constructing reservoirs, water treatment plants and water kiosks. The project was awarded to Afcons by Dar-Es-Salaam Water and Sewerage Authority, Tanzania (DAWASA).
Afcons is constructing:
• A pipeline (DI and HDPE) network of 194.7km
• 9 Ground Service Reservoirs (GSR) and 9 Elevated Service Reservoirs (ESR)
• 10 Submersible/Centrifugal Pumps for supply
• 28 Submersible/Centrifugal Pumps for testing and commissioning
• 53 water kiosks and carrying out balance works on 298 water kiosks
The company is also undertaking balance as well as rehabilitation work on the existing water treatment facility.